CH / Calcium hardness level

mdogan

Bronze Supporter
Nov 20, 2017
Frisco,TX
actually i read several different advises for CH level ?
my pool Pepple tech with attached hottube (mostly part of pool and not being used as hut tube)
Also have waterfall but mostly used only during the summer and seldom on winter.

this attached spa and waterfall make difference on CH level?
and plus on PH and alkalinity level should adjust according to them?

Thanks

Ch is one of the things that can only be lowered by water replacement or splash out (not water features unless they are causing splash out).
The range for plaster pools can be found here (350-450)but more important is to manage your CSI (Calcite Saturation Index) which should usually be close to 0
You can measure all your chemical levels (PH and TA have a big bearing on this index) by using the pool math calculator

With your pool & spa (same water), you have two main concerns - water not too hard (scale) and not too acidic (eroding plaster). To see if your water is one way or the other, it's easiest to use the Poolmath Calculator (ink below in my sig). When you enter the CH, TA, and pH, you'll see a number below for "CSI". That Calcium Saturation Index tell you if your water may have a tendency to cause scale on your plaster, or be too acidic and damage your plaster by erosion.

Even if you have hard water and an elevated CH level, keeping the pH in the recommended range and never exceeding 7.8 helps tremendously to manage your CSI level. If you still need help, post your water results for us and we can compare.

Tim beat me to the post, but you get the idea. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.