CH and Salt Levels

BMeeley

Bronze Supporter
Oct 13, 2017
Woodbridge, VA
So, 2nd year TFPer here. For this season, I feel like I have a solid handle on Cl, CYA and pH. So I am experimenting a little with CH and Salt levels and trying low levels of Borates (~30 ppm). Here are my latest test results:

Temp 87
FC 1.5
pH 7.7
TA 110
CH 275
CYA 30
Salt 1000
Borate 30

I bought the TFP silver nitrate salt test and the borate strips.

My question is, as I add CaCl can I expect my salt levels to come up? This appears to be what I'm seeing (up from 800 over the past couple of weeks as I've added CaCl to increase CH). Any insights or suggestions? Is testing for salt chasing my tail, since I don't have an SWG?

Still loving this place and people! The pool looks and feels so much better this season and the folks here get all the credit. I just work here. :cool:

Glad to hear everything is going swimmingly!! :)

Salt testing is only really needed if you have a salt water chlorinator. Most of the pool chems add a bit of salt, and CaCl is one that does add salt.

But hey, now that you have a salt test, why not get a SWC as well, haha. If you do, you'll never look back.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.