Century VGreen 165...will this a good substitute for a Hayward Tristar (specs below)

Normally, you can't put a smaller motor on a pump than the one it comes with.

However, the Tristar you have is labeled 1.85, but it's really a 1.65.

There is a full rated TriStar with 1.85 label hp and there is an uprated TriStar with a 1.65 label hp.

Both pumps are exactly the same pump. So, a 1.65 hp can be used on that pump.

In my opinion, the 1.85 is not accurate. In my opinion, the actual hp is really 1.65.

Note that if the motor has a problem, it might not be covered under warranty because it is rated less than the label from the pump.

Normally, you can't put a smaller motor on a pump than the one it comes with.

However, the Tristar you have is labeled 1.85, but it's really a 1.65.

There is a full rated TriStar with 1.85 label hp and there is an uprated TriStar with a 1.65 label hp.

Both pumps are exactly the same pump. So, a 1.65 hp can be used on that pump.

In my opinion, the 1.85 is not accurate. In my opinion, the actual hp is really 1.65.

Note that if the motor has a problem, it might not be covered under warranty because it is rated less than the label from the pump.
Thank you JamesW....ok to use my existing impellar? My 10 year old Tristar has plenty of power running 1 waterfall, 4 jets, 1 skimmer and one vacuum port all at the same time.

I have about the same pump setup and have started sending all water to the spa and Returning 80% from skimmers and rest from main drain. Have it at 1800 rpm :).
I don’t use but one program but just set it to run for 16 hours and cut off 8 using the programs

Reactions: willygee
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.