Century V-Green 165 not running schedule

BlueWRXPride

Jun 18, 2020
Syracuse, NY
I have a Century V-Green 165 variable speed pump that was installed last fall as part of my new pool. I feel like the schedule isn't running correctly. Right now I have stage 1 set to 2100 rpms for 10 hrs, and stage set to 0 rpms for 14 hrs. This morning at 6am I started the pump at stage 2. So far at 8:53 PM it has still not turned on by transitioning to stage 1. It seems pretty basic, but could I be messing up something obvious before I call the pool builder?

Update: at 7am the pump turned off, which is the correct 10 hrs from when it turned on around 9pm. I'll see when it turns on tonight, if it turns on at 9pm then maybe I messed something up when I started it and it somehow got an extra hour of runtime at startup?

The Vgreen 165 doesn’t have a real time clock so any interruption to the AC input power will affect the time that the motor starts and stops.

After a power interruption the motor starts up running the program and duration on speed step 1 after a 3 minute priming period.

If you want to assure that the motor starts at the same time each day then you need the add an accessory box for the Vgreen, or use some external timer such as an Intermatic timer which turns the motor on at the same time each day. A mechanical Intermatic timer will have the same issue when the AC power gets interrupted, but a least you can see the time on the dial is off.

If you have an automation system then you also have the option to turn the motor on and off at a specific time using one of the four digital inputs of the Vgreen 165.

I hope that makes sense.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.