Census Poll on Intex Users

I would think permanent Intex would still be with Intex seasonal pools. Because weather they are taken down or not they are still an Intex pool and we all still have the same issues with them, some just have to go threw it more often (setting up, taking down) We take ours down each fall, but still make it as permanent as we can... ie we made a deck for ours and added a solar heater this yr.

I believe this will be year number 9 for my 18 x 48 metal frame intex. I have never taken it down. I am thinking I might replace it in the fall with a 24 x 52 Intex. There is one on CL at the moment in excellent shape that I might go head and buy and put it up in the fall.

I actually have no plans to change to anything other than an Intex. Been very happy with this one.

I'm new to this post but I just bought a 32 x 16 rectangular intex pool I will receive part of it this week and the other part next week. I have only had an 18" soft style intex so I am really looking forward to this pool. I would love to have a site for the intex pools. wish me luck for getting mine set up.. TFP has really been a lot of help.

I have the Intex Easyset 18X48. It's my 2nd one. My brother gave me his 4 year old one and I had it a year and 1/2 then my grandson decided to stab it with a flounder gig... (please don't ask me to explain how he was able to do that because he WAS being watched he's just fast.) The only issue I had with the first one was a slow leak in the ring.. I had to add air about every 2 days... Not fun, but it was free.

This year April 2013 decided to replace the old one even though I patched the hole just because I saw a video on YouTube and was having nightmares of a pool full of grandbrats spilling out during our annual crawfish boil. I Decided to try the oval one, but when I got to Academy the round Easy set inflatable was on sale 50% off. I figured I already had a crop circle to match that size and lots of extra parts so I purchased another 18X48.

So far so good. Had some alge issues so upgraded my pump/filter to a Hayward.

I really want an inground pool but I figure I'll have to get a new husband first! Mine says NO! So I'll have an Intex pool until I replace him.... <insert evil grin here>

Attachments

• ry=400.jpg
    ry=400.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 329
  • pool5.jpg
    pool5.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 328
  • poolfirst.jpg
    poolfirst.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 328
Well our neighbor bought a Summer Escapes 18ft Easy Set soft sided pool for $150.00 from Sams Club and when we saw it my wife and I said heck for $150.00 lets go get one :) so we went and bought one and after a poor attempt at leveling for it we set it up and now I have the Pool bug. I am already thinking about getting an Ultra Frame next year and will be getting a 2650 pump with a SWG so fa the little itty bitty pump and "A" cart filter is keeping up but I also run it 12-13 hours a day and test the water twice a day to try and keep ahead of it and it is pretty dang clear. So i figure with the much better filtration system I will have some actual swim time besides watching the kids and my wife lol. Where the Pool is now I am going to get a 20' x 20' concrete pad poured and that will be the permanent base for the pool in the future. Had this one since late May and love it. Here are a few photos.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
BigSteve -- Welcome, and I must warn you that Pool Bug is hard to shake! If you have the space, consider getting the pad a bit bigger. The 26' Intex would be awesome but my 24' pad won't allow it and I sorely wish I had poured at least 27 so I could get the 26. If you pour exactly 20 x 20 I'm not sure if the 20' Ultra would fit and even if it does, there would not be much space for pool toys on the pad next to it - which we do have and love not having to put them on the grass. Good luck and get in that pool!

Intex... The gateway pool to larger pools. I had an EsaySet 8 then an Easyset15...then a 21 round steel wall... And a small deck, then added a big deck, then added a jump deck... Then added a walkway between the decks...

I am all for the separate board because yes I had to search forever for "Intex applicable" information.
[attachment=0:314divuv]pool 8_11_2013.jpg[/attachment:314divuv]
And has anyone else put an Intex pool in the ground? We are trying to do that with our 12x24 ultraframe. Big question now is can the filter and saltwater system be moved further away with longer hoses and do they have to be below skimmer or water level? Because they'd be much easier to reach and adjust if we could put them on top of deck. So if anyone knows let me know. Thanks and more pics of the set up so far at following link:
http://renovatemyranch.blogspot.com/2013/08/hmmm-can-we-move-filter-and-saltwater.html

Attachments

• pool 8_11_2013.jpg
    pool 8_11_2013.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 256
tridoc927 said:
Big question now is can the filter and saltwater system be moved further away with longer hoses and do they have to be below skimmer or water level? Because they'd be much easier to reach and adjust if we could put them on top of deck. So if anyone knows let me know.

Your pool will be great - can't wait to see the final pix. As to your question, you might want to start a new topic so people can address your particular situation. You will likely get more answers doing it that way. And, I don't know the answer. Good luck

Hi guys... I have a Bestway Pool which is basically an Intex pool... This is my first pool ever and this site has helped me heaps in terms of water balancing..... I live in Australia and we are coming to the end of our summer here.... :-( I will be packing my pool away for the winter, and selling it, as I'm upgrading to the 18 foot Intex pool next Spring (October)....
This is my lil slice of heaven.... :)

IMG_1090 by tiffnoy, on Flickr

Here is my pool skimmer

IMG_1128 by tiffnoy, on Flickr

My little pool with the solar cover

IMG_1135 by tiffnoy, on Flickr

And since we've only got about 3-4 weeks left of hot weather here in Australia, I built a little ghetto solar heater to try and extend my swim season... In around June this year I'm buying 300 metres of black poly tube and build three solar collectors to go on my roof complete with hinged plexiglass.... I am also upgrading my cartridge filter and pump so it can pump the water up to my roof and i'll let it passively fall back into the pool.... :)

IMG_1201 by tiffnoy, on Flickr

We have ultraframe 12x24' Intex that we used AG first year, dug big hole and put in last year and this year attempting to fill back around the retaining wall we built around it and install deck around it. I'll have to start working on a post about the whole process or link to a BLOG or something.

This is our seventh year with an Intex pool. We find the cost spread over two yearts is really affordable.
Our first was a 10'x 30" Intex Easy Set. It lasted two seasons, side wall punctures and leaks on the top blow up ring forced an upgrade to a 12'x 36" Easy Set, it lasted another two seasons. But the small Intex pump failed part way through the second season. So I bought a 1000gal Intex replacement.

Our third Easy Set was a 18'x 48". It lasted two seasons and when the pump failed one month into the second season, I bought a 2500gal Intex. The pool only made two seasons as we experienced a number of leaks in the top blow up ring. So I decided no more Easy Set pools.
I really liked the Intex Pool Liner quality, so we bought a 16'x 48" Intex Ultra Frame. The setup was easy since we already had the packed down level space for an 18 footer. Cleaned up the spot and added 500# play sand threw down the tarp and set it up. I sold the 1500gal pump which came with the pool and used the 2500gal (second season) with the hose adapters. It really seemed to be a lot of stress with the adapters and the plungers but I did not use the larger hardware. The thought of cutting into the liner really disturbed me.
This season, preparing everything to set up the pool, when I was cleaning the hoses and the pump, one of the hoses came apart like a slinky! OMG ... I am in deep here. four days before the Memorial Day holiday and I have the pool filling with water and no ****ed pump, because I only had one freakin' hose.

So started browsing for new hoses and found this place. TFP >>> I LOVE IT. You people have shown me so cool stuff. I spent an entire day reading this site and absorbing all of the super creative stuff that many of you have done.

Today I went to Lowes and picked up a bunch of PVC adapters, valves, rigid PVC pipe & Flex PVC. I have everthing cut and dry fitted. I kept the the larger Intake and Discharge which were included with the 2500gal pump and have used the gasket from them as a template to mark the new larger holes to cut into the liner, on top of the smaller holes.

I discovered that I could not only use the nuts from the one shredded hose but I could also use the the nuts from the side of the plunger valves. So I didn't need to destroy the second hose for those nuts. I am also plumbing in a future connection on a "y" adapter line for a thru the wall skimmer (great idea), I ordered it last night.

Hopefully the pump will make it through this season. I doubt that the (WAF) will allow for the purchase of a sand filter a SWG and an electric heater, this year. Especially after spending $100 replacing one hose! I really want the heater. it gets very cool at night here. 84 deg today and going down to 57 deg tonight. So it's really hard to keep the water temp much over 67 deg.

I'll post some pics soon.http://www.troublefreepool.com/images/icons/icon6.png

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.