Cement pad under pump - okay or need to be fixed?

mahman

May 3, 2017
Elk Grove, CA
So the tree roots next to my pool pump have been slowly raising up the cement pad under my pool pump as you can see in the attached photo. I'll be getting that tree cut down hopefully within the next couple of months. After that, do you think I need to get the cement pad fixed where my pool pump is? Or maybe just add some shims to at least level the filter?

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_20200304_130347.jpg
    IMG_20200304_130347.jpg
    747.5 KB · Views: 66
One concern I'd have about trying to simply lift the low side is that it looks like your electrical and plumbing come-up through the pad from underground. Is that right? If that's the case, I might be inclined to just leave it be. If you start messing with it at this point, you may potentially have to re-do the entire pad which could include the lines from underneath. Yeah, it's a little wonky, but I don't thinks it's going anywhere.

My $.02 is they will probably take more of the root out than you are pushed up, thereby making a new and improved problem when the slab sinks. It will however take years and years for the roots to decompose naturally.

Have you had a pro look at the tree placement to see if they can even cut it down without hitting your equipment? That is a tight squeeze between the fences and your equipment.

Have you had a pro look at the tree placement to see if they can even cut it down without hitting your equipment? That is a tight squeeze between the fences and your equipment.
I had one quote prob 3 years ago look at it when I was just gauging price and they said it'd cost more cause they couldn't let things drop and yeah the tree equipment might not fit. Now that I know I'm actually going to do it, we'll see what the different people I get out here to do say in terms of how they will do it. Yeah, wishing the original owners of the house planned better for the pump placement...

Things like this drive me wild and looking at it day after day would not help.
Mine was worse than this and my pipes were not embedded into the pad but the stress on the PVC was obvious.
When it came time to replace my pump I leveled my pad, bolted down my pump and straightened the piping.
Every time I look at it now I smile and I did not remove the tree.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.