Lancaster, PA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Hi Everyone - My salt level went low and the red low salt light went on. I just added 120 lbs. of salt to the pool and the red light is still on. I just check the Chlorine level and I am at about .5 for chlorine. I pressed the less and more buttons at the same time to boost the chlorine 100% and the cell light does not turn on. Any ideas? This is a brand new pool, system and IC60 - Pool build was completed in June 2020. Thanks a lot!

Wine,

If it is that new you should be calling your pool builder...

Not sure I fully understand what you are seeing.. But, if the low salt red light is on, nothing else will work.

If you have an EasyTouch, then you can't use the controls on the cell, you need to use the EasyTouch to put the system in boost mode.. That said, it will make no difference if you don't have a good salt level light.

What salt level does the EasyTouch say the pool has??? Do you have a real salt test kit, like the Taylor K-1766? I never trust what the cell says unless I verify it with an test of the actual salt level in the pool.

If you FC is down to .5 then you should be adding Liquid Chlorine now to get your FC up quickly.

Do you have ScreenLogic? Do you have a green flow light??

Thanks,

Jim R.

Hi Jim thanks for the reply. The ic60 is not enabled on the easy touch so I control it on the ic unit. I did enable the ic60 on the easy touch to run diagnostic and the salt level said 2550. I am not sure if that was reading it before or after I added the 160 lbs of salt. I have another 120 I can add but I think I should wait till I get the am test strips. I just ordered salt test strips that are coming tomorrow I should have been checking that. I just added 1 gal of bleach to try and hold me over until the pool builder is open tomorrow.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.