CC test with fas dpd

Boomerbull

Aug 20, 2023
Eliot ME
Is there anyway to skip the FC test and go right to the CC test with the Taylor kit?

I want the resolution to be be 0.2ppm, but I don’t want to waste 80 drops on the FC test because I know what my FC is and don’t need to test it.

Is there anyway to skip the FC test and go right to the CC test with the Taylor kit?

I want the resolution to be be 0.2ppm, but I don’t want to waste 80 drops on the FC test because I know what my FC is and don’t need to test it.
Why do you want 0.2ppm resolution?

So you have passed the other 2 end of slam criteria?

Crystal clear water (no algae dead or alive)
&
1ppm or less overnight chlorine loss?
.5ppm is precise enough
As for your original question- it is my understanding that you must eliminate fc within the sample first

Just because my cc has tested at .5 the last 3 days with .5 resolution during a slam. I want to see if it’s actually .2, .4, or even .6 to know if I can stop slamming.
The test is designed for 0.5ppm resolution. Just keep going until it takes one drop or less for the cc sample to go clear. The goal is zero CC but the test resolution is 0.5 so that’s essentially considered close enough to zero.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It was clearly pink after adding the drops to develop the CC. But it disappeared after 1 drop of 0871. Which has been where it’s been at for 4 days. Keep SLAMing?
That’s 0.5ppm or less which means you’re done. Close enough to zero. It’s only more than 0.5 if it takes more than one drop.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.