CC test question

Jul 20, 2018
Lehighton, pa
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
We can’t keep chlorine in our pool, it is currently clear. I’m expecting we will have to slam.
for the CC test does the water have to turn clear and stay clear?

the results I got were the following.

Calcium 125. We have above ground so assuming this might not be important
CYA ~55
TA- 160
FC- 1.5 pm
CC -not sure of test but was past 20 drops and it kept turning back to very slight pink tint. I’m going to retest shortly to be sure.
Ph- 7.4

Point Break GIF by Paramount Network

We have only put a bag of Clorox shock in it a week ago. I just started using the tf 100 test kit.
when we had initially opened the pool it was slightly green not to bad, so we added the chemicals the pool store told us to. It cleared the pool up, but would never hold chlorine overnight.
I ordered the kit and started using it to test so I can keep better track myself.
currently our levels are as above. I’ll have to redo the fc and cc. I’m trying to figure out what the best next step to take is.
Should I lower pH to lower TA first or just go straight to Slam. According to pool math I’ll need 13 gallons of bleach based on my levels.

If you can fill in your signature it'll help all involved knowing what you have thereby limiting the back and forth....
Use poolmath to figure out the slam level and make sure you have all the fields filled in for your pool. PH is ok for slamming the way it is and the TA will eventually get lower every time you lower the PH with MA (muratic acid). Be prepared to go through a good amount of chlorine with the CYA you currently have.

Reactions: Coltay24

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
My husband added what we had which was 4 bottles of 7.5% bleach. It brought it up to 15ppm. We are heading to get more, any idea how many you think we should get if we need to keep it up for a couple days?
Thanks

ok
They were also only 81 ounce bottles, so I need about 3 more I think to bring it to 24.

My husband added what we had which was 4 bottles of 7.5% bleach. It brought it up to 15ppm. We are heading to get more, any idea how many you think we should get if we need to keep it up for a couple days?
For chlorine you may enter the pool store ;) as the chlorine will be 12.5%. Being stronger is also using less jugs for the same outcome.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.