AndyWallace

May 2, 2023
Iowa
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I believe I made my Pool Math results public, but if not, I’ve been running the following results for the last five days with a TF-Pro:

FC - 4
CC - 1
pH - 6.8
CYA - 40

I’ve been targeting FC of 7 so I’ve been adding around 23oz of 12.5% LC each of these days after testing. The pool cover is still on and pool hasn’t been technically opened yet, I’m just making sure I stay up on my FC for when I do.

Any concerns with registering 1 CC? Water looks crystal clear. Smells slightly like bleach when I open the cover to add LC but not over-powering nor smelling like a hotel pool.

I added 28oz of Borax several days ago but am reading that pH should come up on its own so I’m not yet adding more per the Pool Math recommendations (unless anyone here feels otherwise).

Thanks in advance!!

What is your TA? Post that result and we can work on the pH. Is your pump running?

CCs can result when you have the cover on it. When you take the cover off, the UV will take care of the CC. If you are concerned about algae, do an OCLT. Cheap, easy. Overnight Chlorine Loss Test

What is your TA? Post that result and we can work on the pH. Is your pump running?
TA was 70, four days ago. And yes, the pump is running. Its on a timer for 12AM to 8AM and I’m typically adding LC around 8PM, any concerns with the pump not turning on until 4 hours after?

Ok perfect, I will try an OCLT after the cover comes off. Its currently 54 degrees here in Iowa so who knows when that will be. 🤪

TA was 70, four days ago. And yes, the pump is running. Its on a timer for 12AM to 8AM and I’m typically adding LC around 8PM, any concerns with the pump not turning on until 4 hours after?
You should ALWAYS add liquid chlorine over a return in a pencil thin pour...WHILE the pump is running. LC can drop to the bottom and bleach the liner.

Reactions: AndyWallace
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.