Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Astral VX 7T
Hi all

im fairly new first time pool owner and was lucky enough to
1- inherit a pool in a pretty good shape (with lots of potions in the shed, now in the bin)
2- have found TFP before I got pool shopped too hard :)

its early swim season here in Australia but we have started enjoying the pool for a few minutes everyday.

Testing with CCL kit, Aussie version of the Taylor 2006 or TFT-100

FC- 8 (SWG has been off to reduce from 11-12)
CC- 0
pH- 8, added 600ml MA32%, now pH 7.2-7.4
TA- 100 (before MA addition)
CH- 275
CYA- 50 (older test, need to retest tomorrow, then increase if needed)
Salt- 4400 (swg recommend 4000)
Temp- 18C

pool is crystal clear, and yet there is a faint "chlorine" smell that I only just detected a couple of days ago.

Could it it be from the higher FC relative to my CYA?
i thought the smell was only coming from CC.

Except for 1 episode of CC 0.5 weeks ago (due to early morning testing apparently) my CC has always been 0.

Feel free to read my thread in the introduction forum for background info. Hi from NSW, Australia

Thanks all

pool is crystal clear, and yet there is a faint "chlorine" smell that I only just detected a couple of days ago. Could it it be from the higher FC relative to my CYA? i thought the smell was only coming from CC.

It is very possible to smell chlorine. I switched over to SWG and even at levels of 2.5 ppm, which is usually where I wind up in the morning, sometimes there still is a slight faint of chlorine, but not all the time. CC's are usually present during swim activity or after everyone is out of the pool for a few hours (at least heavy cc), and even possibly until all the CC is gone. I would not sweat this one. Wait until levels come down to normal and then check again.

Feel free to read my thread in the introduction forum for background info.

Please put link in the post so members save time on searching. You will have more luck with this.

Thanks for the replies

I have added link to my thread as suggested

I do not use a cover, and the pool gets direct sunlight from 9.30-10 am until 4.30-5pm
Pump runs 7-8am and 7-8pm with SWG at minimum (12.5%) which gives me a FC in the 5-7 range

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.