Cats climbing pool cage...

Jun 25, 2016
Winter Haven, FL
Hello! Been trying to figure out a problem we have with neighbor cats climbing our pool cage and running around on roof. We are starting to get holes in our screen from them running up the sides. A few years ago I trapped and removed a couple of feral cats, and the problem ceased until recently. However, a neighbor feeds feral cats and we have a couple other neighbors who have outdoor cats. I don't want to trap/send family cats to the pound, but I don't want more damage to our screen or solar heater.

Are there any other ways to keep cats off the screen? We do have a puppy, so I am limited on what I can spray/distribute in back yard. Trying to think of ways to dissuade them from our yard or pool screen and roof.
Thank you!

What about those Owl decoys? Could you put a scary one on the roof? Maybe spray the lower screen with some sort of deterrent like a deer or rabbit spray?

Reactions: av8or22
One quick comment about the sprinkler sensors. I saw a YouTube video from some guy who had cat issues and he rigged up some sort of fancy motion detecting sprinkler system. It definitely worked and kept the cats away (and made for some amusing video), but he later said that after he took it down the cats were back within a week or two. If you go with an option like that then it seems like it might need to be something that’s permanently installed, and it will probably need to cover 100% of the area otherwise the cats will probably just find a way around it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.