Carvin/Jacuzzi Starlite LED Possible Replacement

gmike09

Bronze Supporter
Aug 10, 2016
Atlanta, Ga
Hello All

I have a Carvin/Jacuzzi Brand Starlite LED that looks to be going bad. Also, it looks like something is growing inside of the LED. Has anyone had any issues with this brand of LED lights? Would this be something easy to replace? See the picture of what the LED light looks like.

carvin.jpg

Update. Pulled second set of Carvin LED lights out. The problem is not something growing in them, it's actually burnt inside. Carvin Starlight has a known design problem with heat. I thought they had leaked and had algae in there.
Replaced with PAL Treo.
perfect.

I have the same Carvin/Jacuzzi Brand Starlite LED with the exact same problem. The $ to replace it was more from local pool company than an entirely new S.R. Smith LED Treo light system so I'm about to order that and replace it. Was there any additional components, rings/washers etc needed to modify from the Carvin system to Treo? Also I've read some drain pool down and some have said it's no required. Thoughts with the conversion? We live in Tennessee. Thanks!

we replaced it all. Pal trio lights, transformer, and remote. My PB installed basically free. I paid costs on lights. they took Carvins loose from inside pool and loose at old carvin transformer. tied a nylon string to old carvin wire by transformer, and pulled Carvin light out of pool underwater. Wire, string and all. Tied Treo light to string and pulled in back thru. mount new transformer, wired it. done. remote and lights all synched on power up. The thought is that water inside conduit helps cool lights. We used PAL brand instead of SR Smith.
PAL trio 2T4 (length). in our case it was 2T4 150. Transformer is a PAL color Touch PCR-8U. remote almost looks the same. That transformer can be ordered with a wireless upgrade and you can use ur phone and their remote.
don't expect a huge difference in Brightness from when ur Carvins were new. I talked to Carvin on phone a few times, they were gonna replace em again i think. With the same thing, same problem. They know.
The body on the Treo is very short compared to carvin. I'm expecting way less heat.
PB says these are the best so far. Tried and true if you will. he advised me against every other brand. esp Hayward.
feel free to PM me if you need anything. From ur zip code you look close by. feel free to come look.

Hello All. I hate I am late seeing this. Although I was eventually able to unscrew and clean out the lights, one did burn out. So far, I haven't decided to replace. I may look into the treo. How easy was it to install? The only thing holding me back is figuring out how to get the old light and cord out and replacing it with a new light.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.