Cartridge Filters replaced annually

Apparently you trained him well.....

Are you cleaning and allowing the cartridges to fully dry before storing in garage?
Are you pulling the cartridges before blowing out everything? If not, any chance the pressurized air is getting into the filter housing when the cartridges are installed?

Reactions: agail4
Apparently you trained him well.....

Are you cleaning and allowing the cartridges to fully dry before storing in garage?
Are you pulling the cartridges before blowing out everything? If not, any chance the pressurized air is getting into the filter housing when the cartridges are installed?
Guilty of not cleaning cartridges at the end of season but they are dry. The cartridges are removed before blowing out lines.

It’s a lot less effort to just not close/open your pool. I am in Tulsa and it’s not difficult to leave it open year round. Might have to run 24/7 a bit during the cold snaps but that’s what freeze protect us for. Takes minimal chlorine and you don’t deal with an unbalanced mess when you open.
I have done that once and it was a seamless transition! Beautiful water when the cover was removed! However, with a full electric home, a year round high electric bill was a bit for me to swallow! Not going to lie, I keep considering it. I do have freeze sensors however!

I have done that once and it was a seamless transition! Beautiful water when the cover was removed! However, with a full electric home, a year round high electric bill was a bit for me to swallow! Not going to lie, I keep considering it. I do have freeze sensors however!
Don't have to run your pool much in the winter. I run it 6-8 hours a day at low rpm. If you have a variable speed, the cost is minimal. If you don't, you should get one.

Guilty of not cleaning cartridges at the end of season but they are dry. The cartridges are removed before blowing out lines.
There is the first place to start in figuring out why your cartridges aren't holding up.
After swim season is over, clean the cartridges really well and do a thorough TSP soak, rinse well, let dry fully and then store for the winter. This way they are ready to go in spring.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.