Silver Supporter
Jun 8, 2014
Southern WI
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Can anyone help me with this? I'm looking at buying a new filter and pump again. I'd like to get a Pentair cartridge filter for above ground 17500 gallon pool. I can read about it all I want but can't figure out what size to get because I keep getting different answers and not a rocket scientist to figure out the math. They go by square feet. Below is what I'm looking at. Will it work? Thank you!
Pentair PNCC0100OO1160 100 SQFT Swimming Pool Cartridge Filter with 1.5 HP OptiFlo Pump

Seems really small for your pool. Mine is 340 sq feet and is the smallest Jandy makes. I suggest much larger. You really can't size these too big. The larger they are the less often you will need to clean the filters. I clean mine once a season.

Will it work?....., it should, although it's on the small side. My pool is 16x40 at about 17,888 gallons. I have a single cartridge Hayward C1200 that works fine. The only drawback to a single cartridge (for some) is having to rinse the cartridge more often than one of those larger multi-cartridge filters. The main concern I see with that Pentair combo product is the motor. From customer feedbacks it appears to be a single speed, and that's never good. Too much electricity. So I would look for any options to ensure the motor is a 2-speed.

BG2,

I suggest that you go with a Pentair Clean and Clear 420 or 520.. The bigger the filter the lower the filter pressure and the longer you can go between cleanings.

I have a 17K pool with the CCP 520 and it works great.

Thanks,

Jim R.

I agree with Jimrahbe. You'll want a big filter. Get the biggest one you can afford. There's really no such thing as a filter that is too big. A big filter means the less often you have to clean it.

At the very least, go with one thats 300 sq ft or larger.

I can imagine with a 100 sq ft filter, you will be having to clean it very often. Maybe even every couple or 3 weeks. Thats gonna get old very very quickly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.