Sep 12, 2021
Toronto, Canada
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Hi guys,
Probably a major newbie question ;). I messaged my Pool company about the shifted pump & filter and the say the vibration from the pump would have shifted my Cartridge filter closer to the wall. It has caused a slight problem as I cannot toggle my pool light switch since the cartridge filter is blocking it. PC said to simply pull it away from the wall, but it is in there tight and I'm concerned i will mess one of the connections up and spring a leak.

What is the best way to proceed? thanks
Capture1.JPG

An obvious mistake by the builder.

I would ask them to return and replumb to give you enough room to operate the switch with no problems.

The filter can be secured down to help keep it from shifting.

Some local codes require that the filter be secured.

1652894052977.png

1652893946644.png

Reactions: Northern cannonball
It looks like removing the filter clamp will also be an issue.

I would ask them to move the filter at least 6" forward.

Have you cleaned the cartridge yet?
The PC cleaned it last year when they closed the pool and I reinstalled it 2 weeks ago when I opened the pool. That is when I noticed the filter is up against the wall.

Reactions: JamesW
FOrgot to update this thread. PC came out and moved the cartridge filter forward this spring and the electrical contractor came back and swapped out the pool light switch to a much better one. Simply flips on and off and not that awful slider above.

Reactions: JamesW
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.