Caretaker system

Wheelerjanise521

Sep 27, 2023
Altamonte Springs
I would like to know if I shut off my caretaker system can I use a robot sucking pool cleaner? I was told by a salesman at Pinch a Penny That robot cleaning system will suck up the care taker heads and destroy and leave the whole empty. Has anyone out there been able to turn off the Caretaker system and use a robotic pool cleaner , one that sucks up the debris ,Successfully?

Welcome to TFP! :wave:

Is the other cleaner a suction side cleaner, pressure side cleaner or a true electronically powered robot?
Do you have a picture of the cleaner you can post?
Do you have a picture of the Caretaker heads?

Why I have a different IFCS (A&A), I have used a suction cleaner a few times without issue.

I have 37 in floor heads (Caretaker as well). I've never had an issue with either my mobile pool vac, the pool service company's mobile vac, or either of my robotic cleaners. Those heads have some pretty strong springs, I can't imagine any cleaner, robot, etc. having enough suction to pull up the heads, and even if it did, it wouldn't matter because they heads can't be removed just be lifting (or sucking) them up, as they have to be twisted out (it's a locking mechanism basically).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.