Hays ks
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
I keep lowering my ph with muratic acid and it goes to 7.6 but then in the next day or 2 It's backup to 8 or higher. This is the first year. We have had a salt water pool. And I read that sometimes it's harder to keep the PH down salt water generators.
My cya is at 60 and I keep the fc at 7
My alkalinity is 80
What am I doing wrong?

Nothing. You are no longer adding acid with trichlor and thus you must add muriatic acid. The TA may come down a bit more and the pH should rise less fast.
Do you add fill water due to evaporation? What is the TA of that fill water? That is the primary source of pH rise in your pool.

Nothing. You are no longer adding acid with trichlor and thus you must add muriatic acid. The TA may come down a bit more and the pH should rise less fast.
Do you add fill water due to evaporation? What is the TA of that fill water? That is the primary source of pH rise in your pool.
Yes we have been adding a little water but not too much. I have not tested our city waters ph. Thanks for your relpy!

The fill water pH is not really that relevant. The TA is. Test that.

If you are not adding TA via fill water, the pH rise should slow. You do not show any water features in your signature. None running all the time, correct?

The fill water pH is not really that relevant. The TA is. Test that.

If you are not adding TA via fill water, the pH rise should slow. You do not show any water features in your signature. None running all the time, correct?
None do not have any water features.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.