can't keep pH down

May 20, 2015
cochran\georgia
Checked sample inside 75 degree home 2 to 3 hrs after taken from pool at temp of 66. Slammed night before with 5 gallons of liquid chlorine (10.5) after pool showed CC of 1 and FC-.5 I know this was about a gallon too much chlorine but I'm getting ready to close and decided to use all of the last 2 jugs before letting the chlorine come back down and closing. FC-7.5, CC-1, TA-90, CH-125, pH-8.2, CYA-35. Water is clear and has been all summer and every summer since I discovered TFP. Thinking I need to lower my TA for the pH problem as I've had this problem for several weeks (lower pH with acid and back up in 4 or 5 days). I'm baffled on the CC reading. Some of my test kit chemicals are several years old, but I keep the kit inside my home, out of sunlight and cool and dry. I know I don't need to close with a CC over .5. Would you close with the pH this high and address it when you reopen? Any suggestions appreciated.

Lower your pH to 7.6 using muriatic acid before you close. Your TA is fine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.