Toronto
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Zodiac LM3-24
I normally haven’t had an issue with my FC or CC but was getting rid of a stain and now my FC is 0. I’ve shocked it twice with a 1Kg each time and it goes up but then it’s gone by time sun comes.

I turned up my salt generator too 100% and used the super chlorinate process. I will add another round of shock. Does anyone know possible reason? I thought it was chlorine lock but both FC/TC 0.

All other levels are balanced and water is clear.

I normally haven’t had an issue with my FC or CC but was getting rid of a stain and now my FC is 0. I’ve shocked it twice with a 1Kg each time and it goes up but then it’s gone by time sun comes.

I turned up my salt generator too 100% and used the super chlorinate process. I will add another round of shock. Does anyone know possible reason? I thought it was chlorine lock but both FC/TC 0.

All other levels are balanced and water is clear.

Were you using absorbic acid for the stains?

No. Just a stain remover, I did have to add water to the pool as well after as water levels dropped. Then used stain and scale due to copper levels raising a little. Then after 24 hours i shocked it

What are the ingredients of the stain remover? Absorbic acid will reduce chlorine but I'm unsure whether or not there is a residual which stays in the pool for a while. Otherwise, it's probably the usual issue of an algae bloom in the works if you're losing chlorine overnight.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.