Northern IL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hi all. I am in a bit of a pinch. ComEd shut off our power to do some line work for about an hour. When it came back on I immediately checked the temp of our spa since it is open in the winter and it had dropped about 20 degrees. I went to the equipment pad and the breakers had tripped for the pumps and filter. I flipped them back and they are not turning on. The primary pump is displaying an alert that the power was out. I am not sure what to do as the power is back on to the pad. The pump for the spa is working fine so water is cycling in freeze protect. Unfortunately it's getting colder without the heater.

Please fill out your Signature

in the meantime, what pump do you have ? Any automation ? It makes a huge difference with which buttons need pressing. :)

*edit. Went through your history and you have intelliflos/intillicenter. Here are several threads about it.

Hi all. I am in a bit of a pinch. ComEd shut off our power to do some line work for about an hour. When it came back on I immediately checked the temp of our spa since it is open in the winter and it had dropped about 20 degrees. I went to the equipment pad and the breakers had tripped for the pumps and filter. I flipped them back and they are not turning on. The primary pump is displaying an alert that the power was out. I am not sure what to do as the power is back on to the pad. The pump for the spa is working fine so water is cycling in freeze protect. Unfortunately it's getting colder without the heater.
Usually, turning power to the pump off for about 5 minutes will allow the power in the capacitors to drain and the pump to re-boot. Leave it off until the power alert stops flashing, goes out, etc., wait a bit more and re-power the pump.

Reactions: Stoots and newdude
Thanks for the replies. The solution was to turn off the breakers to both the filter pump and spa pump. Then turn on the filter pump first, wait a few seconds and turn on the secondary spa pump.
I will update my signature as well.

Reactions: newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.