Can't get my pool to clear completely

Dsw422

Aug 24, 2016
Skipwith
Hey guys. I've been getting my pool chemistry right for the past 2 weeks. Started with a swamp and now I have it like 95% clear. There is a particulate floating that I can't get to sink to the floor. I have been in the slam process for 3 days now. What can I do?

Here are my levels.

Fc: 10.5
Cc: 1.5
Ph: 7.4
Alk: 80
Cya: 40

I have been maintaining fc of 12 Ppm. The fc amount I posted was what the FC level was before I added more chlorine. I have gone thru a ton of bleach during this process. I was considering using flock to clear the small particles. I'm ready for this slam process to be done.

We had cloudy water that we couldn't seem to get clear and found out our filter was "bad" or rather that the pool store gave us the wrong size square foot filter size so it couldn't filter completely. Didn't realize the issue until we rescheduled every angle of our cloudy issue. Bought proper size filter for pool and is now 95% clear in less than 24 hours.

Ok, so I've now been slamming my pool for more than 6 days. Water is still cloudy. Fc is at 16 or more cc is between .5 and 1. Cya at 40. Cleaning filter every couple hours and also installed a hayward skimmer. What is going on?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.