Can't get my handrail tight enough

DrWu

Aug 21, 2017
Fort Worth
So I've seen a lot of posts from people who can't get their handrails out, but I'm having the opposite problem. My handrail can't seem to get tight enough, it twists quite a bit when using it to get out of the pool. It's sitting in 2 brass fittings that have bolts that are supposed to be tightened. I'm worried about tightening them so much that the metal of the handrail bends - should I be? Should I just keep tightening those bolts or is there some other method I should use to get them tighter? Picture of the handrail below.

Thanks

0909171801.jpg

Does it connect to the ground in the pool to?

You can clamp them down pretty good but they are thin walled tubes that can crush if you put enough pressure on them. If you do go too far you should still be able to remove them and pry out any dents you make.

do the two anchor posts move in their sockets when you are having this behavior? if they remain still, it might just be the nature of the cantilever design.

if the anchor posts do move, they are obviously not tight enough and follow kadavis advice. it is easy for the wedges to come loose from the screws and/or be put in upside down.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.