FC 0.2
CC 2.2
pH 7.2
Corrected TA 97
CYA 40
Salt 3800

Pool volume - 10,975 gal
Vinyl liner

I have a Hayward tcell 925 swg - been running it for close to 2 days before I shocked last night at 100% and it won't bring up the FC - the CC just keeps rising if the swg is on...

I also shocked (with the swg off) with 65% cal-hypo (1 lb) and the FC levels 2 hours after adding at night was still low (FC about 0 before adding and 0.6 after testing last night).

Thinking I need to add more shock? Any ideas on how to eliminate the CC here?

Turn off the SWG and follow the SLAM Process. Your pool has organics in it. This is evident since you can't keep chlorine up. Although you should ensure that your SWG is producing FC. You need to use liquid chlorine to perform the SLAM. The SLAM process will resolve the big picture issue of organics which are causing all of your issues.

Have you read ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry? It's a great article and really is the core of our approach. Along with self-testing with one of two kits (TF-100 or Taylor K2006). See the link in my signature for the TF-100 which is what I recommend.

Turn off the SWG and follow the SLAM Process. Your pool has organics in it. This is evident since you can't keep chlorine up. Although you should ensure that your SWG is producing FC. You need to use liquid chlorine to perform the SLAM. The SLAM process will resolve the big picture issue of organics which are causing all of your issues.

Have you read ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry? It's a great article and really is the core of our approach. Along with self-testing with one of two kits (TF-100 or Taylor K2006). See the link in my signature for the TF-100 which is what I recommend.
Thanks - yes I have the Taylor K2006 kit also the Taylor salt testing kit too

Which type/concentration of liquid chlorine do you use?

Reactions: bmoreswim
The highest % you can buy and/or at the best price per oz. of chlorine after considering strength. Liquid shock is usually 12.5% and a pretty good deal. But these days, bleach/chlorine in general has been spotty for availability so you may have to take what you can get.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.