Can't Get CYA up

You can do the sock in the skimmer or put the sock in front of a return... Personally I squeeze the sock fairly frequently to get the CYA into solution. As has been said before, CYA can take a few days to completely dissolve and show up in the test so if you are at 60ppm.. proceed slowly.. there is no rush.

I see another storm is barreling in on Fla, so the rain will dilute your CYA, unless you have an indoor pool. which brings up... can you please put your equipment in your signature? It's provides an easy way to reference your equipment and pool layout when trying to offer advice.

Reactions: DanF
You can do the sock in the skimmer or put the sock in front of a return... Personally I squeeze the sock fairly frequently to get the CYA into solution. As has been said before, CYA can take a few days to completely dissolve and show up in the test so if you are at 60ppm.. proceed slowly.. there is no rush.

I see another storm is barreling in on Fla, so the rain will dilute your CYA, unless you have an indoor pool. which brings up... can you please put your equipment in your signature? It's provides an easy way to reference your equipment and pool layout when trying to offer advice.
Updated my sig. Question I need to put 1 lb 11 oz's of dry. Do i stick all in a sock or incremental amounts like start with half?

Updated my sig. Question I need to put 1 lb 11 oz's of dry. Do i stick all in a sock or incremental amounts like start with half?
If you have a sock big enough... go for it! If you want to go in increments and creep up on your target do that too. The whole point of the sock method is to get the CYA to dissolve in the water, and to not follow the directions on the container that say to dump it in the skimmer. That just clogs up the filter and creates another nightmare.

Perfect on the sig... When I first joined the forum I thought the pool info in the sig was just everyone bragging about their pools.. Its actually a very nice tool for helping others.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.