Can't get any CC reading

cheri

May 26, 2015
Henderson
Hello,

During this winter, I did not put enough chlorine in my pool and when I tested the levels the other day I saw that the free chlorine was zero. I also had some stains (yellowish in color) that I wanted to try to get rid of and they weren't fading with scrubbing. So, I decided to SLAM and have been doing so for the last 48 hours.

Before I did the SLAM, here were my numbers

FC=0
PH - 7.5
CYA - 55
TA - 100

Based on those results, I got my FC up to 22 (44 drops of the R-0871). However, each time I do the final test and put in the 5 drops of R-0003 to do the CC test, it is not changing the color of the water. I went and got another sample of water and tested it to ensure that the chemical reagent is working okay and it came out very yellow. So I don't think it is an issue with the chemical.

Any ideas on what adjustments I can make to test that CC? My understanding is that I should not stop the SLAM until I have a CC of .5 or lower. But at this point, I am not getting any results for the CC. The stains are faded pretty nicely. I was going to just keep the FC up to SLAM level until all of the stains are gone.

I know I still need to do my OCLT test, but should I just move forward without any CC number?

Any advice/feedback is appreciated. (By the way, I lost my little instructions sheet for how to do the CC, but I used this for my guidance - TF-100 Test Kit and Salt Water Test Kit Instructions and Tips).

Thanks,
Cheri

Cheri,

After you test the FC, you then add five drops of R-0003... If the color does not change back to pink right away that is a good thing and means you have zero CC... You have to do this test within about 30 secs of your FC test... After that, the sample will turn pink again...

Having zero CC's is what you want.

Maybe I don't understand what problem you are having... :scratch:

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.