Can't Clean The Scum Line On Fibreglass Stairs/Swim Up Spa

May 11, 2017
Hamilton, Ontario
Hello all,

I don't think I had this issue 10 years ago when I had my pool installed, maybe it's an age thing? :) But I can't get rid of the scum (suntan lotion or whatever) line on my white 8' fibreglass stairs and my white fibreglass 4 seater Swim Up Spa. I have tried every bathroom/kitchen cleaner that my woman has brought home, Comet used to work the best but I can scrub the heck out of the scum line and nothing removes it. Any thoughts on what I can use to clean the waterline? I'm in Canada :) Thanks

For a regular scum line, I always find the Magic Eraser does well. If that doesn't work, you might try rubbing a Vitamin C tablet on the stain to see if it's iron.
Thanks, I have used the Magic Eraser in the past but even it doesn't get the dirty waterline on the fibreglass steps and spa 100% clean. Thought maybe there would be something better. I keep my inground (18x36 vinyl ) spotless and the chemistry balanced, we did have a party on the weekend that made the waterline stain worse. Some may think it's nothing but I can't stand it, might be hard to see in the pic but I'll get some Vitamin C tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_4325.JPG
    IMG_4325.JPG
    195.7 KB · Views: 12
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.