can't backwash sand filter

clearbluepool

Bronze Supporter
Jun 28, 2021
springfield il
2nd day opened, and tried to vacuum to waste to eliminate organic sediment and the lats in my sand filter clogged. So, a couple hours later I got the lats out and cleaned, put all back together, and it now filters just fine, but won't backwash, rinse, or waste as it was before the teardown. Filter is Dayton 4YED4 sand with 187 lb capacity only 3rd season. Any help to point me in the right direction to fix this problem would be appreciated.

this is my control valve. I just went out and ran thru the settings again and when I put it on waste, there was some flow, and the valve handle "relaxed" for lack of a better term, that the back of the handle dropped with no tension from the spring. No other setting did that. Filter and recirculation are normal. Should I take the valve apart, and what would be red flags inside that could lead me to a solution. Thanks

Attachments

• Scan0015.jpg
    Scan0015.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 4
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.