Raleigh, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Installed OmniLogic last year and connected it to my home network via wifi. The Hayward laptop/desktop program has been great for checking/changing pump speed, heater/water temp, slat level, lights, etc. and has worked flawlessly until this am. When I tried to log-in on my laptop this morning, it wouldn't let me and I got the following notice:

"The transaction log for database 'NextGen' is full. To find out why space in the log cannot be reused, see the log_reuse_wait_desc column in sys.databases"

If I ignore that notice and click "sign-in," I get another notice:

"An error occurred while receiving the HTTP response to http://127.0.0.1:9002/UserService. This could be due to the service endpoint binding not using the HTTP protocol. This could also be due to an HTTP request context being aborted by the server (possibly due to the service shutting down). See server logs for more details."

I don't know what 'NextGen' is, nor how to access the sys.databases, so I have no clue what to do to get it working again. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

You need to contact the NexGen technical support on this.

I thought of a workaround, but deleted it. They will help you sort it. This is an issue with their server and database. I can't see that it's fixable on your end by finding and deleting the contents of your log files. Those should not have a limit in the database that would cause the server to error on http requests.

Send all these errors to tech support to Omni Logic or whoever is your support contact. They will best fix this.

Thanks frogabog,
Any idea who NextGen technical support is and how to contact them?
I have not incorporated anything called NextGen into my home wireless network, router, modem, etc. I usually consider myself to be Tech Support for my own home system (and I never heard of NextGen in this context until this am)!
Are you suggesting Hayward Tech Support would be the NextGen guru for this?

Argh -- it cleared itself and is now working as it always has! Don't get me wrong, I'm glad it did. I'm just annoyed when something like this happens and I have no idea why -- or how or why it got fixed.
Just wanted to update you all in case this happens to somebody else.
Speaking of updates, I haven't done the latest Hayward OmniLogic system/program update for this very reason (don't want to risk getting in over my head and breaking it).

Updates are your friend, they are pushed with good reasons. Many hours go into bug fixes and improvements, and no dev I know pushes an update if it's not ready. And while they are not always essential or mandatory (security updates are mandatory), unless you read the release notes and understand that nothing in the update will be beneficial to your application, just do it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.