Kansas
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
9 Days ago my Pool went cloudy (0 FC). I've been adding Bleach every 12 hours and raising the dosage each time. Pool is now pretty clear now but I keep losing FC. I did a SLAM (OCLT) last night with 256 ounces of 10% Bleach to get my FC to 5. Tested again today (12 hrs later) and the FC was nearly 0. Pool goes to nearly 0 FC each day. SWG is currently off. There does look like there is a little dead algae in the pool. I'm vacuuming now and have been brushing the pool daily. Should I be trying something else or should I continue with the bleach and keep increasing the dosage (currently at 2 gallons dosage).

Attachments

• IMG_9097.jpg
    IMG_9097.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 4
Welcome to TFP! :wave: You still have algae. You need to follow the SLAM Process and monitor (maintain) the FC at the proper elevated FC level as noted on the FC/CYA Levels. Based on your CYA of 60, your FC level should be 24.

Reactions: Hoemek
Awesome! Thank you guys. I guess I just misunderstood SLAMing. I will crank up the SLAMing dosage to get my FC more inline with my current CYA.

Great Forum!

Reactions: Texas Splash
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.