Canadian wild fires

Wow.
It's hazy outside all the way down here in Virginia but not that bad.
My heart goes out to our northern neighbors. Those wildfires are no joke.

Reactions: newdude
@Newdude ‘s summer pool apparel

Happy Well Done GIF by Ansell

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
There’s a low pressure system circulating over Maine and Nova Scotia. It’s basically drawing up all the smoke like a vacuum and dumping it on the eastern US coast. It’s not going to move for a couple of days so the haze could stay a while.

Reactions: newdude
I just can’t believe how it looks outside in the pictures I have seen. It’s crazy. Stay safe out there! There’s a guy on the YouTube who teaches people how to make their own affordable air purifier with a filter & a fan - something that may be worth checking out that can be deployed in a pinch. He sells some kits too and it pays for his scientific research & outreach for less affluent areas.

This is Toronto yesterday afternoon. 'They' said that today, it might get a little worse and potential ash fall. However, 'they' also reported that this is a thick patch of haze. 'They' haven't seen what the NY is getting lol

toronto-skyline-smog-riverdale.jpg

I just can’t believe how it looks outside in the pictures I have seen. It’s crazy. Stay safe out there! There’s a guy on the YouTube who teaches people how to make their own affordable air purifier with a filter & a fan -
I use BlueAir, but saw those and read how they're being used in situations where folks can't afford manufactured air filters and in third world countries. It looks brilliant.

We westerners have had our share of forest fire fallout the last several years. Saying we know what you are going through is a fact. Be sure to keep a close eye on your pump pressure especially if you see any ash on your cars, patio furniture or pool surface. Expect to clean your pool filters more than usual this summer and stock up on air filters for your home and cars while you can. Another strange twist has been the impact upon home owners insurance providers related to smoke damage claims many miles from the actual fire zones.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.