Can you run a pump off a generator?

Sounds like you faired OK, at least pool-wise. Glad to hear it. Hope you don't have too much of a mess to clean up!

For the record, the cleanliness of small generator power is best for inverter generators. Next is ones with brushes and a voltage regulator. Next is brushes and no voltage regulator. Brushless generators are the worst. They give very dirty power. They're really only good for things like incandescent lights (even LEDs might have a problem) and heaters.

Sounds like you faired OK, at least pool-wise. Glad to hear it. Hope you don't have too much of a mess to clean up!
Wasn't too bad just some moss and small limbs. Luckily for us we missed the worst of it however, I feel bad for the people that took a worse hit than us.
For the record, the cleanliness of small generator power is best for inverter generators. Next is ones with brushes and a voltage regulator. Next is brushes and no voltage regulator. Brushless generators are the worst. They give very dirty power. They're really only good for things like incandescent lights (even LEDs might have a problem) and heaters.
Looks like mine has brushes with an AVR

Reactions: Newdude and Dirk
The inrush current upon start is what kills the motors. If your motor controller has a slow ramp up and your generator if sized for your full rpm motor then you should be fine.
I have a bit of a different set up than most. I have a VFD where i have my ramp up to 60 hertz at 8 or 9 seconds. It is a lot easier on motors. Hope your beer stayed cold.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.