Can you paint an AGP stainless service panel?

Zwrickers

Jun 21, 2019
Louisville KY
Hi, I just found out from a replacement liner installer (when my liner was replaced) that my pool has a stainless steel service panel that is still covered with a black thin film the installers (years ago) kept on. It looks really bad from the outside, black with white water staining. I searched and haven't found anything about painting this or covering it with something nicer. I have no idea what would work and if this isn't advisable. Any thoughts on how to make this look better? I can peel away 'some' of the black film but it's pretty baked on by the sun at this point. When we bought the house last year I just thought a part was 'missing' lol. Thanks,
Kristin

Currently....
1597515333266.png 1597515358870.png 1597515390043.png

You may want to try a pressure washer. Use a nozzle that makes a fan spray and try to remove as much of the "film" as possible. You may want to take a sandpaper sponge to knock off other bits. Stainless can be painted - use a rust-oleum paint for steel (on link) from Home Depot.

Maybe try getting it wet to peel it off kinda like with window tint ? It may look brand new under there!
+1. I had this in my head and you confirmed my hunch that it was at least possible. Use soapy water exactly like window tint,

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.