Can you identify this pool light?

Ianburton001

Jun 21, 2019
NEwarl, UK
Hi everyone, I have an in-ground liner pool that came with the house, we think it's about 30 years old. I'm looking to change the light to LED but when I removed it the compartment containing the connections was full of water. There is no seal around the bulb and it looks like the last guy to change it tried to seal it with silicone.
I've ordered the new bulb and a seal however, when the seal arrived it was about 3 inches diameter, about half the size it needs to be. I have been told that it fits around the bottom of the bulb and goes inside the container but I checked it out and it just doesn't work. I had thought about getting a larger seal for the point where the bulb contacts the containerPool Light Image 1.jpgPool Light Image 2.jpgPool Light Image 3.jpgPool Light Image 4.jpgPool Light Image 5.jpgPool Light Image 6.jpgPool Light Image 7.jpgPool Light Image 1.jpgPool Light Image 2.jpg, however, the surface of the bulb at that point is not flat so this wouldn't work.
My next plan was to contact the manufacturer, however, there are no markings on the fittings. It's been suggested it is a SAm light but the only ones I can see online are different.
So, I'm going to post some images of the light and bulb, if anyone can help me identify it I'd be very grateful.
Kind regards
Ian

That fixture has failed. And it looks like it had failed a while back, and someone tried to fix (noticing the "goo" where the cord enters the fixture). Water should not be getting to that bulb like it has been. Only responsible correction is to replace the fixture.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.