Can you identify this fitting?

Jun 13, 2020
West Texas
I have a Splash SuperPool with a 1HP Hayward pump and sand filter. The equipment is attached to the pool via 1.5” spiral wound hoses, similar to vacuum hoses, only more heavy duty. Each end of the hoses have an unusual swivel cuff/union type fitting. The hose is “screwed & glued” into one end of the fitting, with the opposed end being female pipe threads.

I was taking my pool down today (for the winter) and one of the hoses broke at the fitting. It was pretty cold outside (38 degrees), so I’m sure that let to the hose cracking.

SuperPools wants $60 plus tax & shipping for a new hose. They don’t sell just the fittings (isn’t that convenient).

Please take a look at my pictures and let me know if you recognize this fitting or have any low-cost suggestions.B277D4DA-FA67-43A7-92D5-9FD985C1AA22.jpeg221B44F0-B063-4F08-AB69-9B94CF9B7146.jpegD26FB45E-63A6-4851-94CB-18FC5166D4D1.jpeg

That looks like it might thread onto the hose. Like you insert some tool into the fitting that grabs those 4 nubs, and then it will thread/unthread from the hose.

The first pic looks like some threads on the end of the fitting. The hose slides into the collar, and then you thread the insert (with nut on it) in and it grabs the hose from the inside.

I think I would try backing out the insert and see if I could cut the hose flush and reassemble. May need some sort of PVC cement to go along with it.

I am coming at this from a completely mechanical perspective. I have no idea what would be used to seal the hose to the fitting.

--Jeff

I just hate to buy a hose ($100 by the time it gets to my doorstep), if I can simply replace the end.
Yeah, that stinks. Some company products are proprietary just so you have to go back to them. For my vacuum hose I was able to replace the end with a new pool hose "cuff" which I got off Amazon. You might try searching for CUFF to see if there is one that will fit your hose.

The only other thing I can offer would be to try and contact a local plumbing supply house, or someone like this... Flexible PVC Pipes, Hose, Tubing & Fittings at Great Prices With FREE Technical Support- #1 FlexPVC® Official Site

--Jeff
That looks like it might thread onto the hose. Like you insert some tool into the fitting that grabs those 4 nubs, and then it will thread/unthread from the hose.

The first pic looks like some threads on the end of the fitting. The hose slides into the collar, and then you thread the insert (with nut on it) in and it grabs the hose from the inside.

I think I would try backing out the insert and see if I could cut the hose flush and reassemble. May need some sort of PVC cement to go along with it.

I am coming at this from a completely mechanical perspective. I have no idea what would be used to seal the hose to the fitting.

--Jeff
After reading your post again and taking another look at the fitting, I believe that you’re correct. I’m going to attempt to back-out the insert and see if I can salvage the fitting & reuse it. I’ll report back.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.