Can this leak wait till spring without damage

Aug 9, 2016
lancaster PA.
Greetings
I have leak in 13 year old vinyl liner built in pool. 19,280 gallons. I have been losing 2 inches a day of water and refilling as needed. I have a big project going on inside my home and I want to wait till spring to have pool company replace liner. my question is if I close pool and let water leak down on its own will this pool being empty eventually result in structural damage to the walls of the pool during the cold winter months? Thank you for your input

If the leak is high up on the liner then you will be ok. If the leak is in the plumbing then you will be ok as you will have that plugged and winterized. If the leak is low on the liner then to much water can be drained and cause issues as you mentioned. You need to know NOW before you close, sorry.

That could be as much as 1000 gallons a day. The water's going somewhere and it's probably taken a whole lot of soil with it. If you're thinking of closing the pool and emptying it down to where the leak stops, I'd do that as soon as possible.

:(

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.