Can someone name this relief valve

Jayzee

Apr 17, 2022
McKinney TX
I realize this is a relief valve but could not identify the specific name (for possible replacement) or purpose. The past year I’ve noticed small drips especially during high pump running cycle. It usually only spat out water during backwashing but now the drip is more noticeable by the algae covering.

My filter equipment is a Jandy DEV48.

Can someone tell me what part this is and how to replace?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    616.9 KB · Views: 23
I think our pools were installed by the same company lol. My backwash setup looks exactly the same. But mine only does it when backwashing; otherwise there should be no pressure in that line. If that line is pressurized during normal operation, the orings or something in that backwash valve are failing. I'm assuming that's a Jandy slide valve?

I don't know the actual name or purpose for that valve, though.

Edit: could it be a vacuum relief valve? Never really thought about it or tried messing with it until your post.

backwash.png

(ignore the damp concrete, it's part of a small leak I have to get around to fixing.

Last edited:
It works as a vacuum valve during backwashing, but it’s a very slow steady drip during normal pool mode. I don’t like leaks period and wanted to check into it before I start taking things apart and looking for replacement parts.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.