Houston, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
Hi! Can someone let me know what this thing is? I've never really thought about it before until I had a pool repair man come and he said I had a missing spa blower. Previous repairmen never pointed it out and it was like this when I got the house. Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230412_101844_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230412_101844_Gallery.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 36
Air inlet for your spa. Different looking. When you put the system in spa mode, does air get sucked in?

The old blower probably died and instead of replacing it the previous owner simple left the air intake line open to atmosphere. That weird looking insert is just a cover to prevent water, dirt, leaves, bugs, rodents, etc, from getting into the air line. The same effect could have been had by simply gluing two 90 deg elbows to then end of the pipe so that the air intake opening is pointing down ... but they may have added that temporary screen with the hopes of replacing the blower.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.