Can someone help???

Apr 6, 2018
Orlando, Fl
I had my pool refinished in April with a pebble finish. I have been on top of my chemistry using tf-100. Can someone tell me what these 2 brown marks are that are appearing on the bottom of my pool?
thanks

Attachments

• F9C0B5B5-E6D2-477B-8EFA-6B0D51CB5626.jpg
    F9C0B5B5-E6D2-477B-8EFA-6B0D51CB5626.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 69
The look like iron staining (rust). Did anything fall into the pool and sit there? Or perhaps there is a little piece of metal embedded in the finish. Or perhaps there is a piece of rebar from the structure up near the surface.

You could try putting some vitamin C tablets on them. They should fade very quickly ... then see if they come back.

Nothing fell in or stayed there. I am very on top of the care of this pool. I don’t believe it’s rebar either. When I get real close to it it looks like two of the pebbles are embedded in the finish and they are browning so possible metal got in the mix. Where do buy vitamin c tablets for a pool?

No problem. I have a couple of similar spots. Most disappeared instantly. (I think a hair tie got left in the pool) 1 is more stubborn and I hit it with a tablet every year or so. (perhaps this one is embedded).

I have a few similar spots in my pool as well and I rubbed them with a chlorine tab pretty aggressively and they came out.

Pool is only a few months old and noticed the first one right after I filled it and was freaking out to say the least. Turns out there is a tree about 50 yds away that has
little seed pod thingies that get blown in or dropped in by birds. The spots look almost exactly like a rust spot.

Organic [matter] spots will be removed w high dozes of Chlorine or CL tabs

Rust or ferric oxide will be removed by Vit-C tablets. It's the low dose ascorbic acid in the tablets that neutralizes the oxidized metal that has rusted...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.