Can not maintain chlorine with salt cell anymore

Ok, sounds good! I will up the SWC. If my FC is close to 28 now...and there will be minimal direct sun, and I put my SWC to 100%, will that be too much FC? Some will get used by algae, but I guess I am asking if 100% is too much? Normally, I would set it closer to 30% to maintain when things are looking correct. Should I set it to 50% or is 100% the best bet. I guess in my mind I am thinking I am "overworking" the SWC which I know is stupid thinking.

or is 100% the best bet.
100%, 24/7 is only 6.5 ppm a day for you, and you'll lose 2 or 3 to the sun.
guess in my mind I am thinking I am "overworking" the SWC which I know is stupid thinking.
The cell turns on for about 10k hours and it doesn't care how you use those hours. It doesn't know hard or easy. It knows on/off.

ok, 100% it is! Where did you find that info on the 6.5 ppm? I would like to check that as well. So I will keep it at 100% until Sunday when I get back and then do the OCLT, correct (with it shut off). Do I have this correct?

Where did you find that info on the 6.5 ppm? I would like to check that as well
Poolmath. Upper left corner Hamburger menu. Effects of adding. Click SWG and then click the magnifying glass to look up all the various cells output.

Once you put the output in, you can mess with hours and % and see the FC produced.

So I will keep it at 100% until Sunday when I get back and then do the OCLT, correct (with it shut off). Do I have this correct?
(y)

ok, so I came back from being away for a few days and the FC was at 25 (when I left it was 25 as well). Not exactly sure if that is good or not. Good that it was high but not sure about losing 6.5 a day...not sure if that is normal or not.

FC burns off as a % and it becomes more noticeable in the 20s. It makes SWG slams more difficult because they lose more to the sun, plus whatever the algae needs.

The increased daily loss at 25ppm is likely normal.

Reactions: mgtfp
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.