Can Intex Plunger Valves be mounted horizontally?

JHey77

May 29, 2016
Johnson City, TN
Hello all! I have a quick, hopefully simple and perhaps odd question for the experts here:

Can an Intex Plunger Valve be installed horizontally instead of vertically and still work properly? I recently added a Hayward SP1091LX Dyna-Skim Above-Ground Pool Skimmer to my Intex 16'x48" ABG and I do have an adapter plugged in to the bottom of it so that an Intex connection can be made at the bottom connection. Currently, I have an Intex hose connected there going to the pump, but I need to have the ability to cut the water off sometimes. I was going to get some PVC piping and add a valve, but I'd rather do all the piping at once (a mix of pvc and intex hoses, another topic for later). I have a spare Intex Plunger Valve that I was thinking I could use, but since it would connect up to the bottom of the skimmer it would be mounted horizontally and they are intended to sit vertically connected to the side of a pool. It is an older model I believe. It has a twist air release instead of a plug some newer ones I got have if that matters. Anyone try this before? Thanks.

Hello all! I have a quick, hopefully simple and perhaps odd question for the experts here:

Can an Intex Plunger Valve be installed horizontally instead of vertically and still work properly? I recently added a Hayward SP1091LX Dyna-Skim Above-Ground Pool Skimmer to my Intex 16'x48" ABG and I do have an adapter plugged in to the bottom of it so that an Intex connection can be made at the bottom connection. Currently, I have an Intex hose connected there going to the pump, but I need to have the ability to cut the water off sometimes. I was going to get some PVC piping and add a valve, but I'd rather do all the piping at once (a mix of pvc and intex hoses, another topic for later). I have a spare Intex Plunger Valve that I was thinking I could use, but since it would connect up to the bottom of the skimmer it would be mounted horizontally and they are intended to sit vertically connected to the side of a pool. It is an older model I believe. It has a twist air release instead of a plug some newer ones I got have if that matters. Anyone try this before? Thanks.

hi there, I am about to try doing the same thing and was just wondering how it worked out for you last year?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.