Can I use my brand new robot to clean my filthy pool?

Jun 19, 2015
Rochester/NH
We recently purchased this home with an inground pool & the previous owners didn't clean the pool before closing so there has been an inch of rotted leaves on the floor. I have been using a leaf rake to scoop the whole leaves & manually vacuuming but have a brand new Pentair Warrior SE sitting in the box. I'm getting frustrated with the cleaning process but can finally see the bottom in the shallow end & starting to see the drain in the deep end. I have hesitated to use the new robot out of fear of overloading it but now it looks like most of the whole leaves are gone & just brown rotted leaves remain. Can I use my robot finally or will it cause damage? Is it a matter of just having to empty the basket more often?

Attachments

• PXL_20210512_140646912.jpg
    PXL_20210512_140646912.jpg
    368.5 KB · Views: 18
  • PXL_20210512_140632173.jpg
    PXL_20210512_140632173.jpg
    440.5 KB · Views: 18
Did it ship with different filters? If so install only the screen filters and turn it loose if you have netted out most of the big debris.
The pleated filters will trap more of the dust and fines so save those for later. They also sell a mesh basket that fits inside the pleated pleated filters that I like to use most of the time.

We recently purchased this home with an inground pool & the previous owners didn't clean the pool before closing so there has been an inch of rotted leaves on the floor. I have been using a leaf rake to scoop the whole leaves & manually vacuuming but have a brand new Pentair Warrior SE sitting in the box. I'm getting frustrated with the cleaning process but can finally see the bottom in the shallow end & starting to see the drain in the deep end. I have hesitated to use the new robot out of fear of overloading it but now it looks like most of the whole leaves are gone & just brown rotted leaves remain. Can I use my robot finally or will it cause damage? Is it a matter of just having to empty the basket more often?
Probably need to change the basket every 10 minutes if there really is rotting leaves down there.

I found with my dolphin that it doesn't really work well with a lot of leaves close together, they clog up the throat where it inters the basket, and then it just doesn't do much.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.