Can I use Cal Hypo(in liquid form) in the Liquidator?

jgofnj

Silver Supporter
May 28, 2013
Hillsborough, NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I have been using Bleach and Liquid Chlorine and just got the Liquidator this past weekend. After filling it up I realized I need to stock up on some more liquid chlorine. Before I used bleach/liquid chlorine, I would sometime use Cal Hypo (I would dissolve it in a bucket of water and pour into the pool). Since I have a vinyl liner and my CH levels are under 200, I am not concerned with adding too much CH to my pool at this time. Would using some Cal Hypo in my liquidator work? My guess is no because I am not sure it would create the yellow "bed" of chlorine you get from Bleach/Liquid Chlorine. I figured I would ask the experts. Hate to see this stuff go to waste, I still have about 25 1-lbs. bags from last year.

The granules will take a long time to dissolve just sitting in a tank, and will probably gunk it all up. Just broadcast the cal hypo into the pool as needed to bring up the CH. As long as you store it in a cool dry place it should be good for years. If you CH is low there is not an issue, however even vinyl pools can develop calcium scale if the CH gets too high.

The granules will take a long time to dissolve just sitting in a tank, and will probably gunk it all up. Just broadcast the cal hypo into the pool as needed to bring up the CH. As long as you store it in a cool dry place it should be good for years. If you CH is low there is not an issue, however even vinyl pools can develop calcium scale if the CH gets too high.

That's what I figured. Thank for the tip.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.