Can I use a “regular” magnetic stirrer? *pic included*

Oooh, this just gave me a great idea! One of our closest couple friends are chemists. Duh me. He's a professor and she's in pharmaceuticals. Surely they have an extra something lying around I could borrow in exchange for unlimited pool time (which they basically already have anyway!).
This is what I went with, have it set up as a mini lab right off of the pool. Lab 1 Lab 2
I bought the magnetic stirrer, some glass beakers, and the graduated cylinders all on Amazon for less than $50 total.

This is what I went with, have it set up as a mini lab right off of the pool. Lab 1 Lab 2
I bought the magnetic stirrer, some glass beakers, and the graduated cylinders all on Amazon for less than $50 total.
Or you could have had a Speedstir for $44.90 plus shipping...

Or you could support TFP for $100 (https://www.troublefreepool.com/blog/2019/01/22/become-a-tfp-supporter/) since :lovetfp: and get $35 in gift certificates to apply to a Speedstir. It comes with a bean. And a product from the TFP store. And I think possibly a future discount for TFP stuff? (I might be wrong about that last point)

Reactions: crusemm
Ooh.. those are nice.. you can control the stir rate too! .. So if you have a laboratory grade magnetic stirrer in your basement I would like to make your acquaintance, I sir, have a Geiger counter in my garage, just 'cause.. ;) :mrgreen:
You guys can get together with my husband, who has two oscilloscope. For... reasons.

• Haha
Reactions: thefloatqueen
I’m in, $40AUD or ~$30USD delivered off ebay. I’ll use this for inside testing, calcium, salt, borate and still keep my SpeedStir for poolside testing of FC and TA where needed. I just need to build the house to use it in... :)

FC550DF8-3DA2-4FF3-BDBC-4AE5738C7F31.jpeg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.