Albany NY
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I have a vinyl liner pool and it has been raining in the north east on and off for days and will continue to do so. I need to add calcium. Can I do this while it is raining?
This morning:
FC 3.2
Alkalinity 70
Ph 7.4 (will keep rising due to rain I’m sure)
Calcium 180
CYA 50
Salt 3000

About 23k H2O
Temp in pool hovering around mid 70s

Thank you

Yes, I have a heater
I was concerned that the calcium was too low and would start harming my concrete. Is 180 high enough? I have read I want it closer to 250 but that feels like a lot of chemicals to add to the pool. The highest we ever have it is maybe 85 degrees.

200 with a heater should be fine. Not having calcium in a vinyl pool will not hurt concrete decks. It only harms plaster pools that are submerged.

Yes, I have a heater
I was concerned that the calcium was too low and would start harming my concrete. Is 180 high enough? I have read I want it closer to 250 but that feels like a lot of chemicals to add to the pool. The highest we ever have it is maybe 85 degrees.
200 with a heater should be fine. Not having calcium in a vinyl pool will not hurt concrete decks. It only harms plaster pools that are submerged.
Ah, good to know, thank you!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.