Can/How I attach PVC to skimmer and return?

Jul 1, 2018
Roscoe, IL
I know keeping all my equipment hooked up via hoses is not the right way to do it. So after just having my pool for 2 weeks, it's time I start looking to make the switch to PVC. I know all about the cutting, priming, gluing etc etc. I see most of my equipment has the female threads where a pvc connector could be screwed into. However, I am not sure how PVC connections are made to the skimmer box and the return. I've posted photos of both to aid in this discussion. Thanks!
28i28b7.jpg
96lu87.jpg

Buy a new return bulkhead, they are around $12 and I think threaded for 1.5" not

The skimmer might have a thread you might take a good look. If not there are a few options

1. Buy a new skimmer and install. Make sure you get the right size. $35

2. Buy a short section of pool hose or other vac grade hose. Get a 1.5" hose stinger and whatever it needs to be glued to PVC, and two hose clamps. Not the best but works great. $10 - $30

3. Cut out around the hose stinger on the skimmer and install a 1.5" not bullhead. As long as you do it right it works. I did do this on my summer escapes 12' pool to get rid of the skimmer pump. Make sure there is a skimmer that fits before cutting in case it don't work out
$16

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.