Can anyone help me identify this part?

Bargus

Apr 21, 2020
Buffalo, NY
IMG_7369.jpg
Hello all,

I'm getting my pool ready to open for the season. While going through and inspecting equipment, I came across this mesh filter piece. For the life of me, I don't recognize it. I've checked parts lists and exploded diagrams, but can't seem to find where it goes.

I have a StaRite JWPA Series pump (https://www.poolandspa.com/catalog/product002290000285.cfm);
a Sta-Rite Posi-Flo stainless cartridge filter (Sta-Rite Posi-Flo Stainless Cartridge Filters Parts - INYOPools.com)
and a Pentair MasterTemp heater (Pentair MasterTemp Pool Heater Parts - Fast Shipping on Pentair MasterTemp Parts - Buy MasterTemp 250 parts, MasterTemp 400 parts and Other Pentair Parts Online at Parts4Heating - We Carry Thermal Regulators, Control Boards and More)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Attachments

• IMG_7368.jpg
    IMG_7368.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 4
Looks like a drain screen/trap - I have them in the pole barn. They fit in the hole where the under-slab drain is so that 'stuff' doesn't get in there. Usually see them in kitchen/laundry sinks to catch lint and chunks :)

Edit : Almost looks like that's intended to be inline, in a 2 1/2" pipe...

Last edited:
Looks like a drain screen/trap - I have them in the pole barn. They fit in the hole where the under-slab drain is so that 'stuff' doesn't get in there. Usually see them in kitchen/laundry sinks to catch lint and chunks :)

Edit : Almost looks like that's intended to be inline, in a 2 1/2" pipe...
Hmm, thanks. I'm still learning as I go with pool stuff. What/where should I look for for this screen? I'm not sure what the slab drain is :oops:

Thanks again!

1681828481151.png
CareTaker-Anthony-Gould-Caretaker-Head-Unit-Parts

Reactions: SJPoe
Do you have an infloor cleaning system?
If so, add it to your signature.

Strainer up may make it easier to remove for cleaning.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.