Can anyone help me find a 1.5" slip to 1.5" FIP PVC Union.

PoolStored

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jun 24, 2021
Ashtabula, OH
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60
I'm exhausted and frustrated. I can't find one of these. If anyone can help me, I've spent 2 hours. Maybe the collective hive knows something I don't about terminology to find this part. I need 2 of them.

Thanks!

I THINK what you're looking for is called a 1 1/2" slip to 1 1/2" FPT PVC adapter. Like this: 1-1/2" PVC Schedule 40 Female Adapter SLIP x FPT
or,
If you're needing unions, you could buy two, one threaded, one slip, and then swap parts between the two to get the configuration you want. If both are the same brand, it should work with no issues.

Hayward Flush Union- 1.5" SKT X 1.5" SKT (Slip X Slip) SP14952S

Hayward Flush Union 1.5" FPT X 1.5" FPT (Female X Female) SP14952

If you get these two unions, I think that you can switch the parts and then you will have 2 that will have a slip socket on one side and then a female threaded adapter on the other side.

Reactions: BadDogPSD
Hayward Flush Union- 1.5" SKT X 1.5" SKT (Slip X Slip) SP14952S

Hayward Flush Union 1.5" FPT X 1.5" FPT (Female X Female) SP14952

If you get these two unions, I think that you can switch the parts and then you will have 2 that will have a slip socket on one side and then a female threaded adapter on the other side.
Got it, They are in parallel connected to the skimmer lines. If I do this they will be a bit "Jinky." One would sealing ring would face one way and the other facing the other way.
You said that you needed 2.
Yeah, but would be double the price to not have them "Jinky."

Sorry for omitting that bit of *critical* information!

:oops:

Last edited:
Another question. Is there a reducer that is 1 1/2" FIP that the other side is 1 1/2" male so I can put a 1 1/2 slip over it?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I can get pic, but it is easy. The 1.5" skimmer returns come through the wall, have a "slip to MIP" glued on, then an old Praher ball valve that has a FIP connection that is threaded onto the MIP. I want to replace the ball valve with a union, and put in new no-lube valves further down the line.

I don't want to cut off the MIPs, not much PVC left to work with, if I do cut the MIPs off.

Aha, not even remotely what I saw in my mind :) and that is where the confusion came from.... I was thinking it was the part coming out of your pool return that uses a 1.5 inch female thread...

But what I posted will work perfect.. Unscrew the 1.5 inch male praher valve and screw the high temp union into that female connection... Then connect hard pipe the rest of the way.. once you get to where you want the Jandy valve install it.. :)

Aha, not even remotely what I saw in my mind :) and that is where the confusion came from.... I was thinking it was the part coming out of your pool return that uses a 1.5 inch female thread...

But what I posted will work perfect.. Unscrew the 1.5 inch male praher valve and screw the high temp union into that female connection... Then connect hard pipe the rest of the way.. once you get to where you want the Jandy valve install it.. :)
I think you have it backward. The praher valve is FIP, the feedpipe is MIP.

I thought you wanted to get rid of the praher valve as they break.. You are keeping it? The Jandy valve is a much better option..

I thought you wanted to get rid of the praher valve as they break.. You are keeping it? The Jandy valve is a much better option..
I do want to get rid of praher valve and replace with a union. The pipe has MALE threads, the Praher has FEMALE thread. If I take the Praher off, I need a union with FEMALE threads to put on the skimmer line's MALE end. Yes, I can get a connector (non-union) with Male threads and slip, but that is taking precious inches.

How much space between the pipe and the ground?

You can use a 1.5" x 2" reducer to convert the 1.5" male thread to 2" slip that will go into a 2" Jandy NeverLube valve or a 2" slip x slip union.

If you go into a 2" slip x slip union, you can put a 1.5" x 2" Jandy NeverLube into the union.

1631123736321.png

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.