Can an inground pool settle?

Jim H

LifeTime Supporter
May 12, 2015
Monroe/NJ
The water level in my skimmers, which are on opposite ends of the pool, are different. I think they were always slightly different, and it may be my imagination, but I feel the difference between them has increased. When the level is perfect in one skimmer its on the high side in the other, and vice versa.
There are no cracks in the pool which I would expect if it were truly moving/settling...is this possible or am I losing my mind? (or I guess both!)

It would depend on how the pool was dug and constructed, of if other elements are in play such as gumbo clay soil that expands when wet and shrinks when dry, or building on top of a landfill.

Well I measured the water level all around the pool and it's pretty even. It's only in the skimmers where it us uneven...so I suspect poor workmanship when they installed the pool that they didn't make sure the 2 skimmers were at the right height.
Thanks all.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.