Can a Dolphin Quantum be used on a hard sided Above Ground Pool?

May 13, 2016
Bolingbrook/IL
Hi all,
I'm getting mixed responses when asking about what Dolphin cleaner can be used in an above ground pool. I was reading that some use the Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus on their hard sided AGP. But then I talked to a Dolphin repair shop and they recommend staying with just a floor cleaner like the E-10 or Escape. They mention that any pool cleaner that climbs walls might ruin the vinyl liner. But aren't some in ground pools have vinyl liners with steel/galvanized walls? Very confused.

TIA, mike

I thought the reason that people didn't use inground robots was because they could buy above ground robots for $300. There is no typical reason to spend up to $1700 on an in ground robot for an above ground pool.

All vinyl pools have vertical walls so I don't buy the damage excuse either.

Reactions: Mdragger88
I thought the reason that people didn't use inground robots was because they could buy above ground robots for $300. There is no typical reason to spend up to $1700 on an in ground robot for an above ground pool.

All vinyl pools have vertical walls so I don't buy the damage excuse either.

The only thing I wished they added to the above ground robots was the anti-tangle cord. Adding a dolphin anti-tangle cord will set you back another $300.

Reactions: Newdude
They all climb the wall. Depending upon your cove setup some climb more than others. The above ground (e10/s50 types) do not move horizontally & clean the waterline like the higher ups which may or may not be necessary without a tile line.As they are not equipped with the secondary pump that propels them horizontally. I don’t really find it necessary on a vinyl liner.
My nautilus cc (not plus) climbs the wall just fine, it has just one brush (which seems to be plenty) , the longer cord, weekly scheduling, & automation mode. I almost pulled the trigger on a refurbished quantum (they look so nice) but I waited & it was sold out so I went with the nautilus cc since it had all the features I needed & none that I don’t. The price was right as well.

Reactions: miked19 and Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.